Veteran Career Briefing
As our way of supporting military service members and veterans, we’ve created the Quicken Loans Veteran Hiring Program. This covers everything from our veteran recruiting efforts to our award-winning client service, education and VA Loan program.
What Is the Quicken Loans Veteran Hiring Program?
Our mission is to create career opportunities for veterans, service members and their families. The Veteran Hiring Program provides the resources you need to transition into an impactful career with Quicken Loans. Regardless of your position on our team, whether you’re educating families on their mortgage options or amazing others with your technology skills, we set you up for success.
Helping Veterans Thrive at Quicken Loans
We know the value our hundreds of veteran team members bring to the Quicken Loans family. That’s why we work hard to provide an environment that helps you reach your full potential. Whether you know exactly what type of role you want to fill, or you’d prefer to see what best suits your skills and experience through our Tour of Duty program, we want you to love working at Quicken Loans.
- Dedicated military recruiters understand how your service background prepares you for a new career in the civilian world.
- Our work hard/play hard environment means you can play Ping-Pong or foosball and enjoy treadmill workstations, video games and more.
Who We Are
Quicken Loans is one of the nation’s top premier VA loan lenders and America’s Largest Mortgage Lender, closing loans in all 50 states. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. We’ve been on Computerworld’s “Best Places to Work in IT” list for 10 years running, hitting #1 in 2013, 2014 and 2015, and we’ve been named to FORTUNE’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the past 13 years, ranking as high as #2.
Why You Should Join Quicken Loans
At Quicken Loans, we value the skills you’ve learned through your service. We encourage our team members to be forward thinkers with a diverse set of skills, and to uphold our commitment to educating and helping veterans and their families.
At Quicken Loans, you can:
- Transition into an amazing career. We invest in your personal and professional growth through our Tour of Duty program, outreach and volunteer opportunities, and continuing education.
- Help fellow veterans. Quicken Loans works with several veteran service organizations, from Operation Homefront to Southwest Solutions, to provide support to your fellow service members.
- Enjoy great perks. We offer continuous training, fun trips, paid time off to volunteer, and one of the most highly competitive benefits packages available. We provide the best to our team members – because they’re the best.
Quicken Loans holds our military veterans in high regard and works to enhance their quality of life through veteran-related nonprofit sponsorship, our Veteran Hiring Program, and VA loans.
Focus Areas: Veterans, active duty military personnel, military families and veteran support programs
We support local, state, and national organizations, including:
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserves (ESGR)
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Partnership with the Army for Youth Success (Army PAYS)
- Hiring our Heroes
- Operation Homefront
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- Troops First Foundation
- American Legion (Post 13)
- Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency (MVAA)
- Southwest Solutions
We’ve supported numerous initiatives, including:
- 2014 Pat’s Run – Quicken Loans was one of the largest corporate teams at this year’s run, a 4.2 mile dash that raises funds for the Tillman Military Scholars Program.
- Miles for Military – in partnership with Operation Homefront and in celebration of our 2 millionth loan, Quicken Loans helped to provide over 400 round-trip plane tickets to reunite active duty service members and their families.
- Piquette Square – Quicken Loans supported the construction of a basketball court in the newly renovated Veterans Park, which provides additional recreational activities for veterans and their families in Detroit.
- Birdies for the Brave – Quicken Loans sponsors this PGA Tour-supported military outreach charity founded in 2006 by Phil and Amy Mickelson. It provides free or discounted tickets for some of the nation’s top golf tournaments to active, reserve, veteran and retired service members and their families.
– $475,000 and 1600 volunteer hours to Veterans organizations in 2014
– American Red Cross
– Wounded Warriors
– USO Calling Cards for Troops campaign
– Paralyzed Veterans of America annual holiday donation
Invest in Your Career
As a Quicken Loans team member, you’ll make a difference in the lives of the veterans and families we serve. We strive to be your next logical step after the military, and we want to provide all the tools, resources and support you need to manage your transition to civilian work and life.
Preston Abadie, ITSM Architect
U.S. Army, Combat Medic
“The training is continuous here. You don’t have to worry about being given the opportunity to train and learn new things. It’s encouraged on a daily basis.”
Belinda Barnes, Business Analyst
U.S. Army, Specialist Office Administration
“I tell everyone, whether you’re prior military or not, this is a fabulous place to work.”
Tiffany Braden, Operations Team Captain
U.S. Air Force, Client Systems Technician
“If you drove Humvees, you may not think you could work at a mortgage company. That’s not true. It’s awesome to have veteran recruiters, who have been through the same experiences as you, say there’s a great opportunity for you here. Let’s get you started. I can see you doing this, this or this.”
Martin Bustamante, Leadership Coach
U.S. Marines, Staff Sergeant
“Teamwork is always huge, whether it’s military or here. Everyone is for the idea of working together toward one common goal. You get to hear everyone’s side of the story, whether it’s the brand-new guy or someone who’s been here for 10 or 15 years.”
James Cook, Tour of Duty Associate
U.S. Army, Civil Affairs NCO
“The thing that drove me to join the military was the desire to do something impactful and be a part of something momentous. I honestly never thought I’d get to experience that feeling again. But here, every day you are a part of some of the largest decisions in someone’s life.”
Carolyn Felix, Client Care Specialist
U.S. Army, Human Resources Sergeant
“I had to think back and think, what do I like to do? I like helping people, and that’s what I do now. I have this opportunity here.”
Steve McNiel, Solution Consultant
U.S. Army, Field Artillery Meteorologist
“Once you see it and experience it, it’s so refreshing. Quicken Loans has put forward initiative after initiative to make it known that veterans are important to this organization.”
Brent Robinson, IT System Admin
Michigan Army National Guard, Chinook Pilot
“The opportunities are everywhere. Quicken Loans is an opportunity playground. If you have the drive and the will, you can be whatever you want.”
Rob Way, Business Impact Trainer
U.S. Army, Infantry Squad Leader
“It’s very easy to feel a little lost. Working for a place that makes you feel respected for who you are is awesome.”
Denise Willard, IT Project Manager
U.S. Navy, Radioman
“There are a lot of veterans that work at Quicken Loans. I couldn’t have come to a better place to work. As far as coming from a military background, it’s just been a great experience for me.”
We’re Your Extended Family
Team Leader, Veteran Hiring Program
Justin recently transitioned from the U.S. Air Force to Quicken Loans as a Tour of Duty associate after six years of active duty service as a Personnelist. He is excited to be part of the Quicken Loans team, and his favorite perk is working in Detroit. Justin earned a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University in Community Development/Public Administration, an associate degree from the Community College of the Air Force in Human Resources Management and a Professional in Human Resources certification.
“During my time in the Air Force, it was my honor to be a part of something bigger than myself and serve my country. Now, at Quicken Loans I have one of the greatest opportunities of my life to once again be a part of something bigger than myself and the great privilege to work with America’s veterans.”
Don recently transitioned from the U.S. Marine Corps to the Quicken Loans Recruiting Team as an Associate Recruiter. Don was a Helicopter Airframes Mechanic for 7 and a half years before becoming a Marine Corps Recruiter for the remainder of his 11-year tenure as a Marine. After 1 year with the Initiators Recruiting Team as an Associate Recruiter, Don is beyond honored to have the ability to work with the men and women of our Armed Forces exclusively as a Veteran Recruiter. Don was born and raised in Michigan. His favorite perk is the friendships he has gained and continues to gain since starting with Quicken Loans.
“My time in the Marine Corps was filled with ups and downs with 5 over sea’s deployments and more training than I can explain. Joining the Marine Corps remains to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! I wouldn’t trade my time for anything in the world. My favorite part of being a Marine Corps Recruiter was meeting new people and helping them find a career path that met their specific interests and skillsets. Having the ability to continue in that role with Quicken Loans and the Family of Companies has truly been a blessing. Now to have the ability to work alongside my brothers and sisters in arms is truly a dream come true. Not to mention 3 out of 4 of my favorite sports teams are all within walking distance of the office. How much better could it get?”
Our dedicated military recruiting team has walked in your shoes, understands your background, and has your back from the moment you pick up the phone.
We believe that veterans:
- Value leadership and teamwork, holding themselves to the highest standards.
- Perform well under pressure and adapt easily to a variety of working conditions.
- Work well with diverse groups of people and offer a wide variety of unique skills.
From Human Resources to Information Technology, Mortgage Banking to Operations, we have opportunities in all areas of our business. Check out our current job openings at the top of the page to see what’s right for you! Not sure how your experience fits in? Call us! We’re here to help.
Tour of Duty program is a six-month customized program designed to give recently transitioned veterans the opportunity to gain real-world experience in the civilian workplace.
As a Tour of Duty associate, you’ll receive:
- A six-month, paid tour
- Potential for long-term employment
Our military recruiting team will put you on the path to transforming your military experience into a long-term career. We can’t wait to help you get started!
Get started now:
For questions or help with your career search, please contact our Veteran Hiring Team at WeHireVeterans@QuickenLoans.com, or call us at (800) 411-5627.
*The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.